Red Box Moving, Inc. Honest Movers, Quality Services
When you call us, we listen to what you need and tailor our services to best suit your needs. Your upcoming move will began with our moving professional determining the size of your move and providing you with a moving crew and equipment to address those needs. When it comes to packing your household items, we offer either partial or full packing service, which can be done on moving day or the day prior. We have all the tools required to properly disassemble your furniture and reassemble the furniture at the new location.
Our West Palm Beach movers will also wrap your furniture items in protective blankets. At Red Box Moving, Inc., we will customize our services to fulfill your specific needs. So take the first step and hire our honest and caring West Palm Beach movers.
Preparing for a move
- Make sure that the chosen move date doesn’t conflict with other responsibilities.
- Finalize move-in details with your new apartment, ask if there are any move-in regulations such as special moving hours, special elevator/entrance for moving, or special parking arrangements you have to make for moving day. Some building require tenants to sign up to reserve a day for their move. It is not uncommon that Red Box Moving has to provide a Certificate of Insurance for our client’s move.
- Start thinking about how you will arrange your furniture in your new floor plan.
- Clear the clutter from your home by organizing things you no longer need into three piles: Sell, Donate, and Toss.
- Put big-ticket or valuable items in the “Sell” pile. Then snap some photos and list them on E-bay or Facebook. If the weather is nice, hold a yard sale.
- Donate non-saleable items to Goodwill or brighten a friend or family members’ day by giving them your old hand-me-downs.
- Throw away or recycle any items that are so far gone, even thrift stores wouldn’t accept it.
- Packing can be one of the biggest challenges of your move. When you think about the time it takes to pack, think about all the time movers in West Palm Beach can save you..Whether you select Red Box Moving professional packing services for your entire household or just a few special items, we can assist. Our West Palm Beach movers will come prepped and ready with extra packing supplies on the day of your move. Red Box Moving packing services offer you convenience and peace of mind.
Items we cannot move are: hazardous materials, gasoline, BBQ tanks, firearms, ammunition or lawnmowers with any trace of fuel.
Special Note: Red Box Moving is not liable for loss or damage to documents, currency, money, jewelry, coin collections, stamp collections or other similar items of high-value as we cannot accept these items for shipment. It is necessary that you make other arrangements to transport those articles.
If you decide to pack on your own, it is important to plan and organize.
- Request a day off work, or clear your schedule for the entire weekend. You’ll achieve more by packing continuously for several hours than you will by packing in short bursts of time.
- One of the most efficient ways to pack your belongings is to methodically move from room-to-room. Create mini-deadlines for yourself. Begin packing your belongings starting with the items you use less frequently.
- For a one time move, boxes from your local home-improvement store are okay. Take extra care to make sure the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents. Always pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top. Tape the top closed tightly when full.
- Clearly label each box according to designated rooms. Put a note “Not to move” on the objects that are staying.
- Keep one suitcase per person in which you store the items that you’ll need to immediately access.
- Store your valuables (jewelry, items of financial values) in a well-guarded location, such as in a bank safe-deposit box.
Two to three weeks before your move
- File a change of address form with the United States Postal Service.
- Inform the following of your new address: your bank, credit card company, insurance, DMW, health insurance, gym, your contractual magazine, etc.
- Set up your utilities at your new home (phone, power, water and cable/satellite).
- Make arrangements for someone to watch your children and pets on moving day.
- Order new checks with your new address.
- Confirm payment method with your moving company.
Moving day – on the date of the move
- Reserve a space for the moving truck.
- Give the movers any special moving/handling instructions.
- Transport your own personal documents (passport) and items of sentimental values, personal bags, suitcases.
- Do a final check of your old residence making sure you aren’t leaving anything behind.
On the day of your move, our team of West Palm Beach Movers will get the job done your way in a timely fashion and will not leave until you are satisfied. We realize we are only as successful as our customers’ satisfaction.